Sunday, October 7, 2007

Bible Quotes

I compiled a list of Bible quotes that I find to be the most important. As I looked them up, I compared King James with New International, so they might sound a little different. I will be adding to this over time. Enjoy.

Genesis 1:26 “Let us make man in my image and likeness.”

Genesis 2:17 “Do not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will surely die.”

Exodus 3:14 “I AM THAT I AM. Tell them the I AM has sent me to you.”

Deuteronomy 4:29-31 “If you seek God, you will find him if you look for Him with all your heart and all your soul. You might be suffering at some point, after many upsetting things happened to you, but if you return to the Lord your God, you will learn to obey him. The Lord is a merciful God, and he will not abandon you nor destroy you.”

Deuteronomy 8:3 “Man does not live on bread alone, but by every Word that comes from the mouth of God.”

Psalm 1:2 “His delight is in the Law of the Lord, and on His Law he meditates day and night.”

Psalm 2:7 “You are my Son; I have always been your Father.”

Psalm 46:1 “God is our protection and strength, an omnipresent help in trouble.”

Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I AM God.”

Psalm 82:6 “I have said you are gods, and all of you are Sons of the Most High.”

Psalm 110:4 "You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek."

Proverb 8:22-23 “I was with the Lord since the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I AM from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began.”

Proverb 8:35-36 “Whoever finds me finds Life, and receives kindness from the Lord. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death.”

Matthew 3:11 John the Baptist: “I will cleanse and baptize you with water, but a man will come after me who I cannot substitute for. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with Fire.”

Matthew 5:8-9 “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God.”

Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world.”

Matthew 5:39 “Do not resist evil. If someone strikes your cheek, turn to the other as well."

Matthew 5:48 “Be perfect, even as your Father in Heaven is perfect.”

Matthew 6:19-21 “Do not store your treasures on earth, exposed to corruption and thievery, but store them in Heaven where it is safe. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”

Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or will follow the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and ego.”

Matthew 7:1 “Do not judge so that you will not be judged.”

Matthew 7:12 “Do to others what you would have them do to you, for this is the Law.”

Matthew 7:20 “By their fruits you will know them.”

Matthew 17:5 “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am delighted. Listen to him!”

Matthew 17:20 “Since you do not believe, I must tell you the truth: even if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can tell this mountain to move, and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Matthew 19:6 “They are no longer two, but one. What God has joined together, let man not separate.”

Matthew 22:14 “All are called, but few choose to listen.”

Matthew 26:41 “The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.”

Matthew 28:19 “Go and teach all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Let them learn through observing all the things I have commanded you. Remember that I am with you always, even to the end of the world.”

Luke 9:23-24 “If anyone would come after me, they must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. Whoever tries to save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for me will save it.”

Luke 11:9 “Ask and it is given, seek and you will find. Knock and the door will open to you.”

Luke 11:33-36 “No one keeps a lamp hidden and covered. He puts it on a stand, so everyone around can see it. This light in your body is the eye. When your eye is single, your body will be full of light. But when your eyes are evil, your body will be full of darkness. Make sure that your body is not full of darkness. Because if your body is indeed full of light, it will be a complete, flawless, glowing light, like the sun’s rays shining upon you.”

Luke 12:15 “Be on guard against greed, for a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

Luke 17:21 “The kingdom of God is within you.”

John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 4:24 "God is Spirit; his people must love him in spirit and in truth."

John 8:31-32 “If you practice my teaching, then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 10:30 “I and the Father are one.”

John 10:34-38 “Isn’t it written in your Law, ‘you are gods’? If He called them gods, being the Word of God from Scriptures that cannot be broken, what can you say about the one who the Father set apart into the world? Why do you then accuse me of blasphemy when I said, ‘I AM God’s Son?’ Do not believe me unless I do the Will of the Father. If I do His Will, even if you deny it is so, believe the miracles, so you will know that the Father is in me, and I in Him.”

1 Timothy 2:5 "There is One God, and One mediator between God and men: Christ."

1 John 3:18 “Let us not love in word or tongue, but in truth and action.”

1 John 4:7-8 “Let us love one another, for Love is of God. Everyone who loves is indeed born of God and knows Him. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is Love.”

1 John 4:16 “God is Love, and he who dwells in Love dwells in God, and God in him.”

1 John 4:18 “There is no fear in Love. Perfect love drives out fear, because fear is pain. Those who fear are not made perfect in Love.”

Galatians 3:18 “There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ.”

Ephesians 2:14 “Christ is our peace, who made the two into one and brought down the wall of separation between us.”

Philippians 2:2 “Complete my joy by being of one mind, of one love, one in spirit and one in purpose.”

Philippians 4:7 “The peace of God that passes all understanding will keep your hearts and minds within Christ.”

Titus 1:15 “To the pure are all things pure, but to the corrupted nothing is pure.”

Revelation 22:13 " I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

No comments: