Thursday, October 4, 2007

Desteni Productions

Desteni Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DesteniProductions
Desteni Website: http://www.desteni-universe.co.za/

I have encountered a very interesting organization over the internet called "Desteni," which interviews people experiencing the afterlife. On every video of it's youtube page, you see the same girl, but apparently different people. She calls herself "Winged," while all the people who she claims to channel go by their names they had on earth. There are currently about 500 of their videos posted on youtube, from many, many different people. But is it really how they claim it to be, or is it just the girl?

First, it is necessary to observe her life-situation. Winged says that when she was 16, her mother died, and her father quickly married a new woman named Erika, only 8 months later. Winged says that Erika later became a controlling woman, having to keep everything perfect in the house and getting constantly angry at Winged. At one point, Winged had to leave her family because she no longer felt comfortable living with Erika. She then lived and worked at a coffee shop, while temporarily stumbling into drugs and alcohol. One day, there was a customer that Winged met at the coffee shop, who she refers to as "Eagle," and he said, "your mother is proud of you." Winged burst into tears, since she was always thinking of her mother ever since she died, even though it seems impossible that Eagle can actually contact the dead. Eagle later offered a job to Winged, and she accepted without even knowing what she was asked to do. Winged was then introduced to how to interact with the dimensions, helping demons to realize who they really are, and cleaning away all unnecessary forces and systems affecting human beings. Once she learned how to leave her body, she was able to explore the dimensions while other beings can use the body as a portal so they can be interviewed.

Through watching the Desteni videos produced by Winged and Eagle, one can find out that an interdimensional portal was created in 2004 that allows all beings to be interact and be incorporated into a single existence. Winged happens to be the first on the planet to make use of this, where beings were now able to use her body fully instead of just its head and neck. That's their explanation of why this is such a new thing to all of us. Well, does that mean it is true?

The Desteni videos show many different people being interviewed, like Aleister Crowley, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Muhammad, Jesus, Satan, interdimensional beings, demons, systems and animals. You can tell that they all act different, explain it in their own way, and sometimes have unique voices (search for Lilly and Steve Irwin- then you'll know what I'm saying). Still, is it all made up?

Here's the breaking point: there is so much to learn from in the videos that there's no way it can be all a lie. They constantly mention the fact that we are "all one and equal," and that we are truly Life. Polarities, energies, emotions, feelings, separation, relationships, and thoughts are all systems. Systems are self-created illusions and can be erased, but they can become real and live through forgiveness and free choice, which is what Satan did (watch his video for more info). However, all beings that think they are systems are actually Life, including humans, demons, and interdimensional beings. This is what is being stated through the Desteni video series.

Now all of this information is in line with everything I have said on my blog, including my stance on demons, illusions, the afterlife, and reality. What is said on those videos can be very helpful if we are only to listen to them. And really, do you think that 500 videos can be made with false information and accurate imitations of people that have recently died? Those who try too hard to deny it instead of listening to the advice will likely be expressing these above explained systems. I encourage everyone to search for the videos from Winged and any others that seem interesting to you, and watch them without prejudice. Also realize that if you take a holy text or a channeled text, you are never completely sure what its source actually is. Nevertheless, you will surely learn something, just as you might with the Bible, A Course in Miracles, or any other similar document.

5 comments:

Gabby said...

Hey Alex, tis Gabby. I read about your blog about the desteni. Do you wanna hear my take on them? I have not a doubt in my mind that they are real. Its real stuff.

Just as i believe that God is real, I know that these spirits are also real. But the spirits are not of God, but of Satan. Yes, (I haven't a clue if you wrote about this in your previous blogs or not,but whatever) Satan has power.


These people deal with witchcraft. Witchcraft, being in any form of channeling, psychic, incantations,mediating,horrorscope,etc.

Don't deal with them.

These spirits are there to draw us away from the truth of God. They are there to draw us into the realm of Satan's strongholds.

But remember earlier today, you mentioned Satan Search, and whether or not they had any good points to make about Christianity. Well, I continue to stand by my belief that there is nothing that Satanists can say that will support the Christian religion. There can be no compromise, or bridge between the two.

What did you mean by looking at both sides?

Just remember this, if you want to join a war, you will have to decide and join one side. Can't choose both! You corrupt yourself if you join two forces that fight against each other. It simply ain't gonna work.

So yah, that's my comment. Believe that those spirits are real. Don't deal with them and know that they are not of God. I know that gaining power through these spirits are enticing, but understand that God will overcome them.

Oh, Alex, you and your study of religions... Understand that by the end of this life, you will see there truly is only one path to be taken.

I just love that you are interested in knowing the truth. Tell me when you're done with the books you need to read. I want you to read the book i bought at the Rock Church: "I don't have enough Faith to be an atheist." I definitely know that you aren't one, but nonetheless, I want you to at least understand what Christians take on the controversies of this age.

We'll talk later. (preferably after we finish our honor's essays. I'll do my best to finish it soon)

ciao

Alex Burtson said...

Hey Gabby,

Thanks for stating your opinion. Let me clarify.

Spirituality for me is not really about belief, so that whole spirit things don't really matter. I don't live my life as a belief, so I don't like believing in things that I haven't experienced. In that sense, I don't even believe in God, because the definition of God has come from blind belief, and man has used the term in the way that he thinks it is. The Satan thing is not what I'm about either, and I don't find it at all relevant in my own life. If you say Satan has power, that will be the case in your life, but not in mine. I don't see how this Desteni video thing is witchcraft, since it is completely harmless and is not fueled by fear and hate. Have you even paid attention to what is being said on those videos, or are you prejudging it? If you say that these spirits are drawing us away from God, who is real, then why do you believe Satan to be real, saying he has power?

Now, the thing with Satan Search is this: Satanists do not even believe in Satan, and I know that their lifestyle is hedonistic (which I disagree with), the problem is that lots of Christians always feel sinful and guilty. This is what Satanists notice, so my opinion on the matter is that we have to forgive ourselves and move on.

What I don't understand is your black-and-white thinking. What is the possibility that one religion can come out to be pure truth over the years, while all the others are fully wrong? Religions aren't at war; they're different paths to the same summit. The one truth is this summit: Christianity is not the only way, and blind faith towards any religion will make it impossible to read the top of the mountain.

I have already been a Christian, I have already been an atheist, and I have now experienced enough to know how to live my life. The truth will not be found through ideas, morals, or thoughts. If there is a truth, where would it be besides now? If you were to be still and aware of the present moment, you might actually discover what I have found already.

Don't worry, I know what I'm doing, and I know what to avoid. God is not of the mind, but of the present moment. Find him there.

Anonymous said...

I would be very wary of believing the teachings of Desteni. It appears to me that while puporting to channel spirits of the dead or interdimensional entities who convey some form of esoteric wisdom, she is in fact simply using the authority of the dead historical figures and supposedly higher being, in order to give weight and credibility to what are essentially superficially and often nonsensical concepts.

She does talk about ideas of universal "oneness" and the ineffibility of transendental experiences, however these are ideas that exsisted in various branches of Philosphy and mysticism for millenia. Yet Desteni makes no reference to this fact and promotes these ideas as original and revolutionary, which is fine for somebody viewing her material with a broad knowledge of the esoteric as they can dectect the fraud, however Desteni is activity targeting teenagers and youth who due to their age and lack of experience may be somewhat naive.

The fact that she is targeting the young and impressionable worries me greatly. Having viewed many of the videos on Youtube that have been posted by her "devotees", it is apparent that many of these kids are troubled and seeking genuine guidance, what is being offered to them is frankly a load of garbage. One girl in particular seemed very distressed with her situation in life, exhibited extremely low self esteem and was probably suffering from depression. She needed help from a psychologist not a fabricated interdimensional being. The advice given to this girl was nothing more than vacuous, nonsensical ramblings, filled with dubious metaphors and spiritual sounding "buzz words".

There are many vunerable people out there who need help who may go to desteni for advice and follow her teaching as a result, but what happens when the advice given doesn't work? The consequence could be very grave. The fact of the matter is Destini is not interested in helping people she, and whoever is conspiring with her in this fraud, is simply interested in controlling people, convincing them to think how she thinks. It appears to be a classic personallity cult which has global reach via the internet and is unfortunately targeting teenagers
and youth.

I also feel that while these people are following her teachings they may not realise that many of the concepts she uses, that have a ring of truth to them, are to be found from many more legitate and valuable source. Desteni's teachings are a spiritual dead end, and it saddens me to think that these kids will miss out on the spiritual illumination they desperately seek.

One final point i would to raise is in regards to the claimed channeling of the late Aleister Crowley. I have been interested in his work for many years and studied his writing extensively. Much of what was said by this "Crowley" had nothing in common with his philosophy and was often at total variance with what he expoused while alive. Aside from that "his" personality and mannerisms bore no resemblence to in any way to the real Crowley that i ahve come to know through his writing. This 'manifestation' lack crowley's eloquence, wit, articulate lyicism, or for that matter intellegence.

The only term i can think of that best describes Desteni is: A dangerous charlatan.

Alex Burtson said...

Hey i Munich,

It's been several months since I wrote this post and was fascinated with Desteni. I'll tell you how I currently feel about it.

I haven't actually been watching any of the videos ever since. Desteni pointed one thing out to me: that I should be independent from any belief system or mind related structure. I know that Desteni has presented some theories or "evidence" of certain things, but I actually don't believe them. I don't depend on anything they say. I have listened with an open mind, and got what I could out of it. But I no longer need it. Desteni pointed out that I should be free from my mind, and that's what I've been doing. That's all that matters. For me there are no saviors, no hierarchies, no gods (or God), and no one to admire as above me (or below me). It's as simple as that.

Desteni can be dangerous, and I have taken the proper precautions. But Desteni has also pointed out how other religions are false systems that present only partial truth. It is possible that Desteni has only partial truth mixed with some deception, but they have pointed out to me enough to trust myself and follow my own judgment instead of theirs.

I am free from religions, "cults," new age / spiritual groups, I am free from any belief.... I am free from Desteni.

What about you?

Anonymous said...

Like you, i found many validation about desteni. Just look at the statistics of the casualties of religion. If the religions have it real, it would have not been such a mess. And if there is a top hombre in these sacred shit then he is guilty via command responsibility. I used to wonder when i hear the majestic cathedrals with beggars sleeping just outside the pavements. i reasoned if Jesus runs these churches he would have not tolerated these. But then i realize, didn't he said 'all power is given to me in heaven'. If it were so, why have he been so helpless when posers bludgeon the hope of the poor? Now i found the reason given by desteni about these things (w/c i have not found in any religion so far).