Monday, June 18, 2007

Spirit-Giving

What is so great about spirit is that it is inexhaustible. If we give through the spirit, we do not experience loss; we only gain. That is why Buddha says we should be selfless, since that is how you realize the Self. Whenever we have a sense of loss, we should know that it is not real. Our spirit is perfect because it is everything!

We do have a Self, but there is truly only one Self. There is no separation at all in reality, so we are really only giving to our Self. You are in everything, and everything is in you. We are all one. There cannot be any loss if you are already everything!

You should only give without expecting anything back. If you want something back, you are not trusting reality. You already have and are everything, and you must be delusional to forget this. The material existence runs on the belief of losing by giving and gaining by taking. The spiritual existence demonstrates that you gain by giving only, and taking is impossible. You will be giving and people receiving without any loss.

Recently, I was meditating in my room, and afterwards my Dad told me of an interesting experience that happened simultaneously. My Dad was a few rooms away when he felt this strange force, and he walked into my room to see me meditating on my bed. So, he decided to tune in with it, and after three seconds he reached a state that would take him usually ten minutes to reach. I was completely unaware of this while I was meditating, getting deeper and deeper into it. There was no sense of loss at all, no sense of anyone taking anything from me.

No comments: