Sunday, May 13, 2007

The Path

What I have discovered, so far, of what our responsibilities are here are really simple. Every religion says that we should be devoted to God and God only. This means that we shouldn't be attached to anything worldly, since they are only effects of God's cause. Seeking the source is very important. The question is: why? Why should we do this? Well, it depends on how happy you are. If you're satisfied with your life, like you couldn't ask for more, then there is no reason to seek God. Heck, how do we know He exists? That is one opinion of spirituality. For me, I came towards spirituality because I couldn't deal with life without it. Would you look forward to an endless life of depression, mania and paranoia? I sure wouldn't.

So you have to be convinced that there is something bigger. Luckily, through that motivation I was able to find that "bigger something." Even though I have only dove downward a little, I know how much deeper I can go. This experience is better than anything the world has to offer, and you can only get it by being detached from worldly pleasures. Another great thing about this is that you don't have to do anything to receive this joy. You have to be in state of no-doing, which is awkward because we usually have to repeat doing things to keep up our satisfaction before were torn down by something else.

People usually have a hard time of settling down to do nothing meditate. Our minds our constantly running and are always distracted. The only convincing thought that I have at this moment is that you would be shooting for the highest. Everything else you have done will never surpass what your goal will offer you. The truth is that this goal of God is the only correct goal; only God is, and he is the cause of all these little things that you are attached to. And the cause is always greater than the effect. So focus on what you feel in your body, but no that only God exists, and everything else in the world, including your physical body, isn't ultimately real.

This way, you know how to forgive without boosting your ego. If something bothers you at all, know that it isn't real. See God in every situation, and let Him make all the judgements.

Of course, this is only the beginning for me, but this is the path and the guidelines that I have taken to get me to where I am.

No comments: